Login Page Customizations

General support questions
desertcat

Login Page Customizations

Post by desertcat » 2017/02/13 03:01:54

This is a trivial question I hope someone can answer:

In KDE 3.5 when your login page came up it said something like "Welcome to XYZ Please enter your Users Name and Password".. or something like that. You could pick your Wallpaper, and could edit the Login Message.

When KDE 4.x came along you got a rather bland list of Users, from which to choose, after which you choose one, entered your Password, and then the startup screen shows a Wallpaper of your choice and you watch the various icons blink on and off until your are logged in.

So... whereas in KDE 3.5 you had a single login page which was fully customizable, it now takes in KDE 4.x *2* pages, and only the second page is customizable, and there is now way to add some "Welcome to..." message. In short the login process is BLAND and rather uninspiring.

The default login is gdm, and or lightdm according to inxi [inxi -xxx -S].

Is there anyway to edit the the rather uninspiring front page to have it say something like "Welcome to ...." and have a customizable Wallpaper, etc.??? Thankfully I run a Workstation that runs 24/7/365, but for one reason or another I have to re-boot the machine, and the Login Page simply is NOT very inspiring.