Hostname problem installing zimbra

General support questions
Pepe

Hostname problem installing zimbra

Post by Pepe » 2017/06/25 01:53:41

Hello guys, im relative new in world of RHEL but im happy to know it.
I have to say i entered to Centos by chance doing a little project for a friend.
Now, i have a little problem with this email server i want to test (zimbra). I did all the steps presented on installation documents but i still failing at giving a hostname, what i do is modify /etc/hosts and having a static IP on the virtual machine, but it keeps failing for the install.
Actually running a minimal centos 7 build 1151.
Thank you in advance.
PS: oh, i forgot, the alias in hosts file must be mail.xxxx.xxx

scottro
Forum Moderator

Re: Hostname problem installing zimbra

Post by scottro » 2017/06/25 09:19:48

The best way to get help would be to state what you did, what you expected, and what happened.
Saying, I followed instructions, but I get an error doesn't give much information. It's also possible that it's a zimbra, rather than CentOS issue, so you may have more luck asking there. (Or not, your description of the problem doesn't make that clear.)
Something like

Zimbra says put this in /etc/hosts, then do this.
When I do that I get this error that says...

On a virtual machine created using....(is it VirtualBox? KVM? VMware?) and so on.

Please don't take this wrong, everyone was once a beginner, but it is probably worth looking at http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html. The links in my signature might also be of use.
New users should check the FAQ and Read Me First pages

Pepe

Re: Hostname problem installing zimbra

Post by Pepe » 2017/06/26 14:32:19

Hi scottro!
Thank you for replying.
I finished the install thanks to a tutorial, this is how i set the hostname:

Code: Select all

# hostnamectl set-hostname mail
# echo "192.168.1.100  mail.centos9.lan  mail " >> /etc/hosts
# cat /etc/hosts
That worked but now i have a little problem with start of zimbra service, reading the installation log i got this.

Code: Select all

Name or service not known at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapinit line 138.
Sme or service not known at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapinit line 138.
Sun Jun 25 22:04:46 2017 failed. (5632)
Sun Jun 25 22:04:46 2017

ERROR

Sun Jun 25 22:04:46 2017

Configuration failed
On that line says "ldap_master_url" related.
Thank you again.

EDIT: hello, now zimbra its working but i have zimbra and dns on the same Centos, for the second error I setup my dns properly, added exceptions for firewall included tcp port 7071 which zimbra uses.
Now my second question is, how can i make my dns server on windows and connect my zimbra server to it? Tried this but again with hostname error... what can i do?
Thank you!