Vconverting CentOS7

General support questions
Alex-88

Vconverting CentOS7

Post by Alex-88 » 2017/08/11 12:22:48

Hi community,

This is my scenario i am having an issue with and wonder if anyone has any insight.

we are currently migrating from HyperV to Vmware. I have successfully vconverted multiple CentOS 6 boxes but i am unsuccessful in any CentOS7.
I am using the stand-alone converted version 6.1.

the error i receive is that it is unable to attain the IP of the helper server which i have set manually as there is no dhcp on the scope i am working in. Again, setting it worked correctly with CentOS 6.

Looking at the helper vm it creates it doesnt seem to load the media it is suppose to. After looking into this i feel it is due to centOS 7 being UEFI while CentOS6 was not. The current centOS 7 VM is setup as a Generation 2 VM in HyperV as required by UEFI, while all the previous CentOS6 are Generation one.

Again, the issue seems to be with the helper vm mounting the media. Has anyone any insight into how they got around this?
I have also tried and offline migration of the VM and while it did work, it didnt want to boot, even when i told it where the UEFI file was, it just kept bringing me back to the bios.

I have also tried disabling the firewall on the CentOS7 system and this hasnt resolved the issue.

Thank you in advance.