Centos auto restart and corrupt( please help Urgent)

General support questions
rameahmahra

Centos auto restart and corrupt( please help Urgent)

Post by rameahmahra » 2017/08/21 11:09:54

Hi

My os restart all the time and my kernel is corrupted
. On standby mode os automatic hanged. Please give me suggest to repair my kernel or OS through terminal command because terminal is working some times.
Please heap ASAP

THANKS.

mghe

Re: Centos auto restart and corrupt( please help Urgent)

Post by mghe » 2017/08/21 12:22:10

Do you have installed only one kernel?

I suppose You have a problem after install new kernel yes?

rameahmahra

Post by rameahmahra » 2017/08/21 12:27:13

No Sir this thing happen due to force shutdown of system. Please give idea how to repair only corrupted files without remove my all data. I already did Yum Update but this problem is persist. Please help.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2017/08/21 13:45:39

Find out why it "restart all the time" and fix it. Start by checking your hardware - try memtest86+ for several passes. Check your PSU as those are often a cause of random reboots.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

rameahmahra

Post by rameahmahra » 2017/08/21 18:19:24

but sir restart is not main issue only system going idle while i am putting hold for a minute its loging screen stuck and password putting option not highlighted and switch user mode also not working at that time. do you have any command for repair os or gnome display or kernel ?

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2017/08/21 19:23:32

It all sounds like hardware problems. Try memtest86+.
Use the FAQ Luke

rameahmahra

Post by rameahmahra » 2017/08/21 19:37:47

but sir at the time of restart one error prompt showing your something kernel is crashed please submit report to centos. after clicking on that then saying report submission failed. I think some of my kernel crashed then showing this error and happened these issues so please give me any command for Repair kernel and gnome .

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2017/08/21 21:29:59

There is no such thing. What you appear to have is a dodgy machine with malfunctioning hardware. Please run memtest86+ and check that it finds no errors - you'll need to leave it running for several hours, perferably overnight.
Use the FAQ Luke

desertcat

Post by desertcat » 2017/08/22 14:56:04

rameahmahra wrote:but sir at the time of restart one error prompt showing your something kernel is crashed please submit report to centos. after clicking on that then saying report submission failed. I think some of my kernel crashed then showing this error and happened these issues so please give me any command for Repair kernel and gnome .
I agree with Trevor. What it *almost* sounds like is that you are on the edge of a HDD failure -- been there, done that. If the HDD is an OLD HDD then you can almost bet that is the case. If that is the case make sure you have that drive backed up especially your /home directory.

The other possibility is that one of your partitions is full -- probably the /root partition or the /boot partition. Easy check is to simply run the df command and see how much space is left in each of the partitions. If you find one that is between 99-100% full see if you can off load some of the data contained in that partition until you have at least a max of 90% full then re-boot. If there is no problems with partition space you could always try the RESCUE mode.

I do agree with Trevor I think this is a hardware problem. Memtest is a good thing to run. Alternately when was the last time you opened up the computer?? If not in some time get some compressed air, open up the case, blow it out, remove all the cards, and memory sticks, and replace and re-seat them all. Check that all the cables are probably installed. I had a case where I was getting an error at start-up, Googled the error message, and discovered that one of my SATA may have been bad, replaced the SATA cable, restarted the machine, and the error went away. Bad SATA cable, though that cable had been in the machine for years with no problem.

Hope this gives you a place where to look to solve your problem. IF you have a hardware problem the chances are pretty good it is your HDD.