Manage multiple users

General support questions
Jedipottsy

Manage multiple users

Post by Jedipottsy » 2017/08/22 12:59:06

Hi,
We currently have a small team of users working on individual Linux machines (centos), with some servers setup as standalone machines.
We are going to be expanding the number of users and machines in the near future and would like to have single sign on across all of our machines. What is the current recommended method?

All I'm looking for is a direction to look in, or guidance. My assumption is that we have an ldap server? That manages our users, with the users home directory stored on a centralized storage, which is pulled in upon login?

We also have another NAS storage which gets mounted to /mnt/vol0 and is where all of our work is stored (not user prefs etc). At the moment this is mounted as uid 1000 and gid 1000 (first user on the machine), what is the workflow for managing users across NFS?

Thank you

hunter86_bg

Re: Manage multiple users

Post by hunter86_bg » 2017/08/22 22:53:23

I think that FreeIPA is a suitable solution. It has LDAP, Kerberos and enything else needed - including web for configuration if the cli is not as per your taste.
Once you add all the machines to the FreeIPA's REALM , all allowed users will be able to SSO.