Some windows appear as transparent

General support questions
chessmonster123

Some windows appear as transparent

Post by chessmonster123 » 2017/08/23 07:13:55

I'm running a virtual CentOS 7 instance from a remote server.

After sometime using, some of the windows appear to have some level of transparency. For example, when I open Thunderbird's message filter button, I can see the details of window behind it. I can use the theme font & size changer plugin to remove transparency on some windows of thunderbird but still there are annoying windows that just appears transparent.

Also with libreoffice's calc. There are areas that are transparent and some of the icons don't have images.

I tried using tweak tool, but I don't see settings that will allow me to change the transparency.
In thunderbird, I tried modifying the Config Editor accessible from the Advanced tab in Preferences but I'm not quite sure what option shall I tweak.

I'm working out some automation using thunderbird and it is really frustrating not being able to see the settings properly. When I modify the message filter settings, I need to open 3 windows, and they are all transparent, and they all stack together.

desertcat

Re: Some windows appear as transparent

Post by desertcat » 2017/08/25 10:02:40

chessmonster123 wrote:I'm running a virtual CentOS 7 instance from a remote server.

After sometime using, some of the windows appear to have some level of transparency. For example, when I open Thunderbird's message filter button, I can see the details of window behind it. I can use the theme font & size changer plugin to remove transparency on some windows of thunderbird but still there are annoying windows that just appears transparent.

Also with libreoffice's calc. There are areas that are transparent and some of the icons don't have images.

I tried using tweak tool, but I don't see settings that will allow me to change the transparency.
In thunderbird, I tried modifying the Config Editor accessible from the Advanced tab in Preferences but I'm not quite sure what option shall I tweak.

I'm working out some automation using thunderbird and it is really frustrating not being able to see the settings properly. When I modify the message filter settings, I need to open 3 windows, and they are all transparent, and they all stack together.
Try the following: Alt+Shift+F12 (All at once of course).