Waving White Flag of Surrender: 7.4.1708

General support questions
peedeegee

Re: Waving White Flag of Surrender: 7.4.1708

Post by peedeegee » 2017/11/08 16:32:08

I just want to add that I've experienced the same problem trying to get vcxsrv to connect to 7.4.1708 using mate desktop and lightdm. It's not just you!

I've tried going back several versions on vcxsrv as I've had problems with that in the past(various things, like needing to use -from 'hostname' as I have multiple virtual adapters and it picks the wrong one). I've also tried Mobaxterm and that's not happy talking to the new CentOS either. Something seems to have broken.

Luckily, I only use vcxsrv for testing purposes. In production there are Wyse(Dell) D50D Linux based thin terminals that do connect properly to CentOS.

While I'm not happy vcxsrv/mobaxterm isn't working, I'm glad to see it's not just me.

desertcat

Post by desertcat » 2017/11/09 08:57:50

peedeegee wrote:I just want to add that I've experienced the same problem trying to get vcxsrv to connect to 7.4.1708 using mate desktop and lightdm. It's not just you!

I've tried going back several versions on vcxsrv as I've had problems with that in the past(various things, like needing to use -from 'hostname' as I have multiple virtual adapters and it picks the wrong one). I've also tried Mobaxterm and that's not happy talking to the new CentOS either. Something seems to have broken.

Luckily, I only use vcxsrv for testing purposes. In production there are Wyse(Dell) D50D Linux based thin terminals that do connect properly to CentOS.

While I'm not happy vcxsrv/mobaxterm isn't working, I'm glad to see it's not just me.
I SOLVED this problem but I can't remember exactly what I did. What I *think* I did was I ran yum remove (or maybe yum erase) pki-base-10.4.1-10.el7.noarch then ran yum update --enablerepo=cr
. Then it updated the machine. Don't ask me why. This was a very annoying problem, and not at all intuitive.

peedeegee

Post by peedeegee » 2017/11/09 09:43:49

desertcat wrote:I SOLVED this problem but I can't remember exactly what I did. What I *think* I did was I ran yum remove (or maybe yum erase) pki-base-10.4.1-10.el7.noarch then ran yum update --enablerepo=cr
. Then it updated the machine. Don't ask me why. This was a very annoying problem, and not at all intuitive.
Thanks for the reply. I've managed to update fine, it's the XDMCP problem using vcxsrv from windows that still seems to be an issue, just like rklrkl has experienced.