Network Manager on miminal?

General support questions
desfire

Network Manager on miminal?

Post by desfire » 2017/10/21 13:43:16

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if Network Manager is installed on mininal, my server company have installed me CentOs 7.0 minimal but while installing cPanel it says that Network Manager is installed, I have never faced this issue before, I followed cPanel's step to remove it and yet it keeps telling it is enabled.

Have my company lied or Network Manager is automatically installed on minimal? I thought it wasn't.

Thanks

avij
Retired Moderator

Re: Network Manager on miminal?

Post by avij » 2017/10/21 14:42:05

Why 7.0? It was released more than three years ago, you should be using 7.4.1708 nowadays.

NetworkManager does get installed in minimal installs. At least according to one cPanel documentation I found, the instructions only disable NetworkManager but leave it installed. If you want to get entirely rid of NM, you can uninstall it with yum remove NetworkManager.

That said, if you have problems with a system that has cPanel installed, please ask cPanel. They have their own configuration management stuff, and any advice we give here might break your system.

desfire

Re: Network Manager on miminal?

Post by desfire » 2017/10/21 15:03:22

avij wrote:Why 7.0? It was released more than three years ago, you should be using 7.4.1708 nowadays.

NetworkManager does get installed in minimal installs. At least according to one cPanel documentation I found, the instructions only disable NetworkManager but leave it installed. If you want to get entirely rid of NM, you can uninstall it with yum remove NetworkManager.

That said, if you have problems with a system that has cPanel installed, please ask cPanel. They have their own configuration management stuff, and any advice we give here might break your system.
Hi thanks for the information, when I meant Centos 7 mean is not 6, but yeah I'd be using 7.4