Unresponsive menu on lock screen and desktop

General support questions
khaan

Unresponsive menu on lock screen and desktop

Post by khaan » 2017/12/04 12:39:46

Dear friends,

Please find the following screenshot attached of CentOS 7. A menu which is unresponsive on locked screen and even on the desktop.
How to remove this menu. I tried escape key, mouse clicks, nothing is working out. please HELP.
Attachments
CentOS7.jpg
CentOS7.jpg (95.1 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

desertcat

Re: Unresponsive menu on lock screen and desktop

Post by desertcat » 2017/12/05 23:41:57

khaan wrote:Dear friends,

Please find the following screenshot attached of CentOS 7. A menu which is unresponsive on locked screen and even on the desktop.
How to remove this menu. I tried escape key, mouse clicks, nothing is working out. please HELP.
I noticed at the top it says "Remote Desktop Connection". Normally this is a Screen Locker problem that in THEORY could be solved by going to Application Launcher --> System Settings --> Under "Hardware" locate Display and Monitor --> Screen Locker --> maker sure that "Start Automatically After " x Minutes is unchecked. If it is checked uncheck it. and check that "Simple Locker" is unchecked as well. What happens is that after a period of time it locks the screen and requires you to enter a Password to Unlock the screen. Hitting the space bar will usually bring up a box asking you to enter your Password. In your case this is about your Remote Desktop Connection (Login?) In short this seems to be about the Remote Connection and suggests that you have a configuration error. One thing to do to check this is to login into the machine directly rather than remotely and see if you still have a problem. My guess is no. Just for fun I'd check to make sure that the Screen Locker is disabled and then try to remotely login. If you still have the problem then you have have to check your "Remote Desktop Connection" configuration.

Sorry I can't be of bigger help but it is a starting point.

joshter

Re: Unresponsive menu on lock screen and desktop

Post by joshter » 2018/01/23 03:01:02

hi All,

i also experienced the lock-screen to blank-screen and led to force restart. i am using CentOS 7 with GNOME desktop, installed on dell latitude 7275 and when the screen locks or i press the lock button on the upper left menu of the screen, it shows the lock screen for a second and went blank. then tried pressing enter or space bar even all the keys, the login screen won't came back. i am assuming a compatibility issues? tried installing on a spare Lenovo laptop but seems working well.

any thoughts would be highly appreciated!

thanks!