Attempting to build a CentOS 7.4 filesystem and getting D-Bus errors

General support questions
dutsnekcirf

Attempting to build a CentOS 7.4 filesystem and getting D-Bus errors

Post by dutsnekcirf » 2017/12/14 21:06:43

I'm attempting to build a CentOS 7.4 base filesystem on a development machine under /usr/mini-bm/src/sms and getting a bunch of error messages when the RPMs are installing/extracting. The plan is to package the filesystem up and boot from it on a separate machine. From what it looks like the messages related to the fact that while the RPMs are installing they're attempting to start systemd services and the system is denying it.

Here's the method I'm using:

1. I've downloaded all the RPMs I need (mostly just the core group) into /usr/mini-bm/src/sms_rpms.
2. Build an RPM database with: rpmdb --initdb --dbpath /usr/mini-bm/src/sms_rpms
3. Build the filesystem with: rpm --root /usr/mini-bm/src/sms --dbpath /usr/mini-bm/src/sms_rpms --nosignature -ivh /usr/mini-bm/src/sms_rpms/*.rpm

This appears to work in that the RPMs appear to install and the filesystem is created. The concern I have is all the error messages that pop up during the process. As soon as it gets to 73% finished at "device-mapper-event-1.02.140-8.el7.x86_64.rpm" I start to get error messages like:

302:device-mapper-event-7:1.02.140-8.################################# [ 73%]<--I recognize that these lines are normal here. I'm just including them to show where in the process the error below appears.
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted
warning: %post(device-mapper-event-7:1.02.140-8.el7.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

and

Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted
warning: %post(lvm2-7:2.02.171-8.el7.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

and

321:kernel-3.10.0-693.11.1.el7 ################################# [ 78%]
grep: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory

and

325:oddjob-0.31.5-4.el7 ################################# [ 79%]
killall: /proc lacks process entries (not mounted ?)
326:oddjob-mkhomedir-0.31.5-4.el7 ################################# [ 79%]
killall: /proc lacks process entries (not mounted ?)

and a bunch more errors further down. I can provide the entire output if anyone wants.

I've looked into the "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted" error and most of the information stems around people attempting to install CentOS 7 in a Docker type configuration. They're stating that you can't start systemd services in a Docker because you need special privileges and such. I; however, am not using docker. I am not running this within docker in any way but I can't find anything else regarding this error that doesn't treat this as a docker issue.

Anyway, I'm wondering if these aren't a big deal, or if I should be concerned. I haven't attempted to package up the filesystem yet or boot off it from my development machine yet. Maybe it'll work fine. Any comments are appreciated.