Odd mount behavior

General support questions
Lazlow

Odd mount behavior

Post by Lazlow » 2017/12/15 19:39:56

C7 64bit fully updated using Mate desktop.

I have a Qnap NAS that I mount:

sshfs admin@192.168.1.10:/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia /home/fred/Desktop/NAS

The above line is stored in a text file and is copied and pasted when needed (same line every time). The NAS is mostly a media device. I typically throw a DVD on the pc via handbrake and convert it to 264. When the disk is done I drag and drop the files onto the NAS and start the next disk. I have been doing this for a couple of years. Up until the last week the files have always been copied and not moved (one copy on each device). Randomly some of the files are now moved and not just copied. On some occasions I will drag four files at a time and one or two may be moved rather than copied (rest are copied). The files are intact either way. I ran a memtest overnight without any errors. If it were a drive issue(ssd on pc) one would think the copy on the NAS would be corrupted.

It is really not harming anything but it is odd and this raises a red flag with me.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lazlow

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Odd mount behavior

Post by TrevorH » 2017/12/15 21:17:59

Are you sure it's not something as easy as a sticky shift key on your keyboard? Shift+drag = move, Ctrl-drag forces copy.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

Lazlow

Re: Odd mount behavior

Post by Lazlow » 2017/12/15 21:21:45

That would not explain when I copy four at once. Some are copied and some are moved, all from the same drag and drop.

As a side note, I did not know about the move option.