shell script doubt

General support questions
knzzz

shell script doubt

Post by knzzz » 2018/01/20 17:13:24

Hi Team,

I need a shell script which should give me the options of choosing multiple choice
for eg

Main menu
1. information about looged users
2.Current CPU utilization
3. List of installed rpms
4. Quit

From the above menu if i want to choose either 1 option how the script should be written and in case if i want to choose 1,2 and 3
how the script should be written

Regards
Kanna

owl102

Re: shell script doubt

Post by owl102 » 2018/01/20 19:16:30

knzzz wrote:how the script should be written
I'm sorry for this stupid answer of mine, but you haven't asked any specific question or reported any specific problem.

Read a shell scripting guide, for example http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide , and start coding. If any specific problem or question occur, you could ask here.
Last edited by owl102 on 2018/01/21 10:33:37, edited 1 time in total.
German speaking forum for Fedora and CentOS: https://www.fedoraforum.de/

desertcat

Re: shell script doubt

Post by desertcat » 2018/01/20 19:46:39

knzzz wrote:Hi Team,

I need a shell script which should give me the options of choosing multiple choice
for eg

Main menu
1. information about looged users
2.Current CPU utilization
3. List of installed rpms
4. Quit

From the above menu if i want to choose either 1 option how the script should be written and in case if i want to choose 1,2 and 3
how the script should be written

Regards
Kanna

I can't help you with ALL of your requests but I run two utilities in a Virtual Desktop: One is called GKRellM and the the other is Gnome System Monitor.

Gnome System Monitor shows you in Real Time CPU usage, Amount of Memory and Swap being Utilized, Network History, % of each File System both Used and Unused and the total amount of each, and the Processes be used and by who.

GKRellM will show you -- also in Real Time -- the Activity of Each CPU Core (similar to Gnome System Monitor but more refined) Temperatures of your GPU, CPU, and Motherboard as well Fan speeds. You can also get readouts for Voltages etc.

I can't help you with the list of Logged (On?) Users, or the List of Installed RPMS, but being able to Monitor your system in REAL TIME is a LOT better than having it in a "Menu" . You simply run the two in a single Virtual Desktop