[SOVLED] Black Screen After Update

General support questions
deborahjuly

[SOVLED] Black Screen After Update

Post by deborahjuly » 2018/02/20 03:03:25

I updated my system and on a restart, the system did not load to the sign-in screen. Instead, I was taken to a black screen. I tried to load into the TTY to check if I could access the terminal to see if I could view the logs. On the TTY, I saw the following message:
centos 7 a start job is running for Wait for Plymouth boot screen to quit
Used the following commands to get to run level 3:

Reboot
On the grub screen with the list of kernels, I edited the latest one, 'e'
After the end of line with UFT-8, I entered 3
I then clicked ctrl + x to exit and load the tty
While in the TTY I viewed the log for /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I noticed there was an error message for the Nvidia driver telling me to reinstall the driver:
ACPI : failed to connect to the ACP event daemon; the daemon may not running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration option may not be set correctly. When the ACPI event daemon is available, the NVIDIA X driver will try to use it to receive the ACPI event notifications. For details, please see the "ConnectToAcpid" and "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in Appendix B: X Config Options in the README.
So far, I have tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers from the El Repo repository. After installing the Nvidia drivers from El Repo, I get a screen with an icon that says:
Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again.
There is also a button with the words "Log Out" on it. When I press enter, it just reloads the same screen.

Update:

These are the following error messages I am getting in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file
Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/liblx.so: libnvidia-tls.so.390.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X server, and that the GLX module has been loaded in your X your continue to encounter problems, Please try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
ACPI : failed to connect to the ACP event daemon; the daemon may not running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration option may not be set correctly. When the ACPI event daemon is available, the NVIDIA X driver will try to use it to receive the ACPI event notifications. For details, please see the "ConnectToAcpid" and "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in Appendix B: X Config Options in the README.
So to get this to work, I installed the Gnome desktop. I was only using the KDE desktop before.