My laptop's touchpad and keyboard not working...

General support questions
CristianTP

My laptop's touchpad and keyboard not working...

Post by CristianTP » 2018/03/20 09:45:34

Hello,

So I've recently installed Centos 7 server with GUI (x86_x64) on my Toshiba L850D 12Q. It ran great for a couple of days until it got itself into sleep mode after being inactive for too long. That was the 1st time my touchpad and keyboard did not work. My usb wireless mouse worked just fine, curious fact since most people that had issues with a laptop running centos were complaining that usb devices didn't work, mine works just fine.

Ever since, when I start up my computer, more often than not, my touchpad and keyboard don't work at all. A restart (or two) usually take care of the issue. Shut down and start up processes go just fine (on first sight). If I pop up a digital keyboard and get past the log in screen it all works just fine. Haven't encountered any other issues with other OS and I've had Ubuntu 16, Archlinux and Linux Mint on it, windows 8.1 (from the store) and windows 10 so far.

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this, I really like this OS and I don't want to replace it just because of his issue.