MariaDB - CentOS7.4

General support questions
roberto

MariaDB - CentOS7.4

Post by roberto » 2018/04/07 15:00:56

I use the mysql administrator's workbench to monitor the MariaDB database and I have noticed that inno-spoll is 100% always, in the status menu, I read about the subject and some dis forums to put 70% of the server memory, but I have 10G of swap and physical 16G hardware i7 .

Aside from that the installation of MariaDB 10.2 it does not generate the /etc/my.cnf I do not find it, and how could I fix or generate a new and elevate, turbid MariaDB 10.2 CentOS7.4 .

Could someone help to optimize the operation?

aks

Re: MariaDB - CentOS7.4

Post by aks » 2018/04/08 18:46:56

I don't know what "inno-spoll" is - well it's not in my version of workbench. I guess it's some kind of poll? So what does 100% mean? Does it mean the polling was successful? So what's that got to do with RAM?
Aside from that the installation of MariaDB 10.2 it does not generate the /etc/my.cnf
From memory C7 encourges you to configure MariaDB in /etc/my.cnf.d/. Aside from that an installation of the included MariaDB has always laid out a basic /etc/my.cnf - why doesn't yours?
Possibly if you tell us ewhat the real problem(s) are/is!

roberto

Post by roberto » 2018/04/09 14:37:32

aks wrote:I don't know what "inno-spoll" is - well it's not in my version of workbench. I guess it's some kind of poll? So what does 100% mean? Does it mean the polling was successful? So what's that got to do with RAM?
Aside from that the installation of MariaDB 10.2 it does not generate the /etc/my.cnf
From memory C7 encourges you to configure MariaDB in /etc/my.cnf.d/. Aside from that an installation of the included MariaDB has always laid out a basic /etc/my.cnf - why doesn't yours?
Possibly if you tell us ewhat the real problem(s) are/is!

Yes. The problem is that when connecting with mysql workbench it always throws the innodb_buffer_pool_size with 100% usage and the key efficiency
also with 100% of its use.

I read in forums on the subject and innodb_buffer_pool_size has to be 70% of the available memory in the server and through this information I decided to find out if I even have to make 70% of my physical memory available or he uses swap memory as well.

Problems so far I did not have but this parameter is out of context for what I read in the articles on the web and already presents in the graphs of the mysql workbench administrator he with 100% use both the innodb_buffer_pool_size and the key efficiency and in the middle of the day there are appearing some messages in the system that uses this bank that I think is related to this.

aks

Post by aks » 2018/04/26 09:39:13

Sorry for the delay, been AFK for a while.

100% buffer usage means the buffer is full (a good thing believe it or not). 100% key effieiency is a good thing. The real question is would the InnoDB buffer benefit from even more memory? The only way to work that out is to change and see the effect (i.e.: test the change).
innodb_buffer_pool_size has to be 70% of the available memory
Absolute rubbish. The smallest I've seen the buffer was something like 5MB on a 4GB server! MaraiDB still ran (really badly with InnoDB tables, but quite fine with MyISAM tables). Nobody anywhere can tell you how big this parameter must be as it depends on your work load.
some messages
What messages? What's the problem?