Two screens-NVIDIA- Centos 7.4 - How can I get a large desktop on the 2 screens?

General support questions
edith75

Two screens-NVIDIA- Centos 7.4 - How can I get a large desktop on the 2 screens?

Post by edith75 » 2018/04/10 13:01:24

Hi
I use Centos 7.4.1708.
I have two NIVIDIA G80 Quadro FX 4600 cards, and two HP Compaq LA1951g screens.

Three months ago, I used Centos 7.3 1511 and everything worked perfectly
Then I moved my computers (I changed office) and since then....

I fixed a lot of problems, but one of them is still bothering me
As I said, I now am using Centos 7.4.1708 on KDE plasma.
I try to get my two screens as a large desktop but it doesn't work whatever I try.
I first installed the Nvidia drivers via "yum install kmod-nvidia-340xx" (which was the result of nvidia-detect -x) --- It didn't work (I the second screen didn't work at all, it was black)
Then I installed them via the NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA (via "sh NVIDIA-LINUX-x86_64-375.82.run") it didn't work either : I have two screens, the mouse can go from one to the other one, but no window can.
I tried to modify the "xorg.conf" by adding the "twinView" option (but I had to do it manually, because in the graphic NVIDIA settings I don't see any 'Twin' option that I could use)

Here is the part of xorg.conf (I am sorry, but I don't remember how to include a screen here)

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "TwinView" "true"
Option "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
Option "metamodes" "DFP:nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen1"
Device "Device1"
Monitor "Monitor1"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

but I have the same result : two screens, the mouse moving from one to the other, but no window can (and I can't choose where I open a konsole for instance)

thank you for your help