Settings of IMEs for IBus not work after every reboot

General support questions
_michaelx_

Settings of IMEs for IBus not work after every reboot

Post by _michaelx_ » 2018/05/29 01:59:23

Hi, forum!
I'm a Chinese user and I chose to use Chinese and Japanese IMEs by setting up "Region and Language" option. Everything works great until I updated to CentOS 7.5. I found these settings not work, which means even if I have already set it up by adding these languages into the "Input Sources" options and it worked fine for that current session, I can not type any of these languages after a reboot. Though I can re-add these languages and use them, but it's obviously frustrating.
For a more detailed info, these language options always stay in the right place, the top bar and the settings, but trying to switch between them doesn't seem effective. BTW, my system language setting is English, i.e. en_US.UTF-8 and down below there is my locale.conf. Thanks for your generous help and sorry for my poor grammar.

locale.conf:
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="zh_CN.UTF-8:zh_CN:zh:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"

roy913

Re: Settings of IMEs for IBus not work after every reboot

Post by roy913 » 2018/06/11 10:20:35

Same problem here. I m using US English as system language with ibus. Input method is Quick for traditional chinese. Everytime i set it in region and language, it works until the next login. Top panel will indicate the language change but when typing, it shows english words as if it is set to English.

pppigboat

Re: Settings of IMEs for IBus not work after every reboot

Post by pppigboat » 2018/06/12 04:00:52

Same problem. And the setting is all right. I have to alter the order of the input method in the setting panel to make it effective. Whatever, do something in the setting panel, then it will be ok. Sometimes, it happens suddenly, and I have to do the same thing to make it right.