[Confirmed] Bug in Calendar Widget.

General support questions
bluegroper

Re: Bug in Calendar Widget ?

Post by bluegroper » 2018/09/18 21:05:12

TrevorH wrote:
2018/09/18 08:53:03
"18" sounds like it's displaying the year not whatever thing you're hoping that it is...
By coincidence, "18" is indeed the year. In my timezone, "18" was also the day of yesterday.
The "thing" desired to be displayed is simply the day of the current date.
Here, today is already "19", and when I get to work, I'm expecting the calendar widget to still show "18", and it won't show "19" until I do the logout -> login dance, which is annoying.

I wish there was a little cron job that could fix this KDE or widget error at 1 minute past every midnight. :idea:
I'm not a complete idiot. There's still a few pieces missing.

bluegroper

Post by bluegroper » 2018/09/19 00:09:35

desertcat wrote:
2018/09/18 06:32:09

OK Now that we got all that out of the way, I am pretty sure that the problem is that the Calendar widget and the Calendar widget in the digital clock are over lapping and the digital clock takes priority over the stand alone widget.

Here is where we can get funky and become scientists!! Try this: 1) Unlock the widgets. 2) DELETE both the digital clock and the calendar from the taskbar. 3) Add the Calendar Widget Alone to the Taskbar 4) Re-Lock The Widgets 5) RE-Boot the Machine.

I have just done this on my Test Bed to see if I can replicate your problem. IF the problem is a conflict between the Digital Clock + Calendar and the Calendar widget alone by eliminating the Digital Clock alone, the Calendar widget should now work ( since we no longer have the digital clock ), if it does not turn over it is a bug in program; OTOH if it DOES, then problem if both the Digital Clock + Calendar and the Calendar are sharing the same code and the priority is given the integrated widget. Truthfully I prefer the Digital Clock + Calendar since you know not just a number (of the month) but also which month, and which year as well. In short the Calendar widget is rather useless, but then again that's just my opinion.
I've done the test without any digital clock being loaded and potentially interfering with the calendar.
I CONFIRM the calendar widget displaying the date (ie day only) does NOT flip over each midnight.
Please, where is the best place to report this insect ?
TIA's

desertcat

Post by desertcat » 2018/09/19 02:05:30

bluegroper wrote:
2018/09/19 00:09:35
I've done the test without any digital clock being loaded and potentially interfering with the calendar.
I CONFIRM the calendar widget displaying the date (ie day only) does NOT flip over each midnight.
Please, where is the best place to report this insect ?
TIA's
OK I ran the program on my "Test Bed" and came up with the same results you did. I think there is indeed a BUG in the app. What can I say but E. coli happens. Ask TrevorH as he is the local guru who can point you in the right direction.

All is not lost. Having done that I came up with some nifty solutions you could explore. From Last night:

P.S. Just for FUN and because the night is young -- ie 0111hrs -- and I am one the prowl I went over and after I Unlocked Widgets ==> Add Widgets ==> under Search I entered "Calendar" and it gave back a boatload of of them some of which may or may not work for you. Look for one called "Steampunked Today Calendar". Another one to look at is something called "Time Keeper". "Calendar HUN" is another one to explore. skdata might be another. I Just accidentally found another that will go on your taskbar (I'm going to have to get rid of it now): GoTo the Far left and side of the Taskbar where the Start Applications icon is ==> GoTo Applications ==> Select Office ==> Find "Calendar" (also called Orage Calendar) click on it and it will be added to your Taskbar.

Happy Hunting ..... (Now to get RID of it on my taskbar....)

bluegroper

Post by bluegroper » 2018/09/24 22:18:02

desertcat wrote:
2018/09/19 02:05:30
OK I ran the program on my "Test Bed" and came up with the same results you did. I think there is indeed a BUG in the app. What can I say but E. coli happens. Ask TrevorH as he is the local guru who can point you in the right direction.

Hey Trevor, please and thankyou for any tips, clues, or pointers for how to get this insect fixed.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2018/09/24 23:27:48

All you can do is report it on bugzilla.redhat.com and hope that it gets fixed.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

bluegroper

Post by bluegroper » 2018/09/25 01:14:36

TrevorH wrote:
2018/09/24 23:27:48
All you can do is report it on bugzilla.redhat.com and hope that it gets fixed.
Thanks
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1632517