Directory that does not open or appear in Windows

General support questions
FabioB

Directory that does not open or appear in Windows

Post by FabioB » 2019/01/19 15:35:35

Goodmorning everyone,
I have a CentOS 7.5.1804 server or completely updated, the server is exclusively a file server. Clients that connect to it are Windows only. A directory has disappeared, I searched for news on the web to find out if there could be a basket useful for my purpose but I did not find anything useful if not old news of years whose solutions do not work.
Then after research I tried to recover with Foremost which found me a number of files. The problem is that when I go to open the directory with the files retrieved from a Windows client there is no way to open this directory, the indications are allowed insufficient.
So from the terminal I tried to assign this property:

Code: Select all

chown -R nobody:nobody directory/
And also full access:

chmod -R 777 directory
At least all the other directories that have no problem opening up have these properties but it was a failure.
Then always from the terminal I moved the files of this directory in another that opens from Windows but it is completely empty, among other things if I try, from Windows, to delete it tells me that it is not empty.
I do not know if it can be useful, but as a Foremost data recovery directory I have set one that is on /root

foremost -t xls /dev/sda2 -o /root/file
I lost all hope after hours of trying, does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

mashiro2004

Re: Directory that does not open or appear in Windows

Post by mashiro2004 » 2019/01/20 21:47:31

Ciao Fabio,
if you try to download file recovered with winscp on a windows client you can open it?
If yes is possible for you to download all files recovered on a windows client, create an empty directory, share it and upload files to it?

Ciao ciao ;) ;)