"Failed to start switch root"

General support questions
logg sar

"Failed to start switch root"

Post by logg sar » 2019/01/23 14:31:12

Hi there

I have here an CenOS installation wich is intended to be used to boot via squashfs.

The creation of the squashfs-image worked, but at boot-time I get the error

Code: Select all

Failed to start switch root
I looked for the error and found this entry: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1492208 which points to bug #1488527. Here it says

You are not authorized to access bug #1488527.

Most likely the bug has been restricted for internal development processes and we cannot grant access.
If you are a Red Hat customer with an active subscription, please visit the Red Hat Customer Portal for assistance with your issue
If you are a Fedora Project user and require assistance, please consider using one of the mailing lists we host for the Fedora Project.

Well - I may be a IT Worker, but I´m not a highly privileged, better than all the rest, developer - so I´m stucked now.
Can anyone access the mentioned bug and give me a hint what to do?

Thanks.

*edit*
I know the reason is that the /etc/os-release is having the wrong content.
As far I can see this file is created at boot-time via module-setup.sh. (But I may be wrong. Especially without knowing exactly whats happening here)
I changed inside of the module-setup.sh the line ln -sf initrd-release $initdir/etc/os-release to cp initrd-release $initdir/etc/os-release but it didnt worked....