How to create a logout icon on user screen?

General support questions
nmrdukeman

How to create a logout icon on user screen?

Post by nmrdukeman » 2019/06/06 19:37:06

Hi,
I have tried to create a logout icon for each user account on Kdesktop. I have looked at several places under /usr/share but could not find the icon.
Can anyone shed light on how to do it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best ;)

desertcat

Re: How to create a logout icon on user screen?

Post by desertcat » 2019/06/07 06:31:30

nmrdukeman wrote:
2019/06/06 19:37:06
Hi,
I have tried to create a logout icon for each user account on Kdesktop. I have looked at several places under /usr/share but could not find the icon.
Can anyone shed light on how to do it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best ;)
There *may* be several ways this could be done. One way would to simply put the red power button which is often paired with the blue screen lock button on each users Taskbar, and maybe disable the the system aspects, thus the user could log out, but not restart the system unless they have administrator privileges. If you mean ONLY using the logout button -- the BLUE button with a downward pointing arrow. If you GoTo the CentOS Application Launcher button on the Taskbar at the extreme LEFT side on the left you will see something that says: Favorites, Applications, Computer, Recently Used, and Leave. If you select LEAVE you will get several options based into two groups: Session and System. Under "Session" you have the option to Logout, Lock, or Switch User. Under "System" you have 4 options: Sleep, Hibernate, Restart, Shut Down. You *might* be able to somehow copy the Logout Button and create a Symlink that would be put on every User's Taskbar, or on every User's Desktop and be a Default appthat would be there at startup.

Here is a link that I found that might give you some other ideas as well:

https://superuser.com/questions/806448/ ... n-centos-7

Hope this helps.