¿Es necesario instalar antivirus en Centos 7.6?

General support questions
ballesteros9735

¿Es necesario instalar antivirus en Centos 7.6?

Post by ballesteros9735 » 2019/06/11 15:18:30

Según recomendación emitida a mi proyecto, sugirieron instalación de antivirus para prevenir cualquier ataque, la consulta es si esto es necesario, ya que no encuentro información acerca del tema abordado.

Please note that the primary language of this forum is English so many people may not understand. I have run your question through Google translate and the result is :
According to the recommendation issued to my project, they suggested installing antivirus to prevent any attack, the query is if this is necessary, since I can not find information about the topic addressed.

hunter86_bg

Re: ¿Es necesario instalar antivirus en Centos 7.6?

Post by hunter86_bg » 2019/06/11 18:34:05

I don't speak your language, but you should:
Use selinux where possible
Use ClamAV if Antivirus is required, but keep in mind that AV is used when serving files for windows clients.
For example : Samba share is a good candidate for AV

desertcat

Re: ¿Es necesario instalar antivirus en Centos 7.6?

Post by desertcat » 2019/06/12 18:53:36

ballesteros9735 wrote:
2019/06/11 15:18:30
Según recomendación emitida a mi proyecto, sugirieron instalación de antivirus para prevenir cualquier ataque, la consulta es si esto es necesario, ya que no encuentro información acerca del tema abordado.

Please note that the primary language of this forum is English so many people may not understand. I have run your question through Google translate and the result is :
According to the recommendation issued to my project, they suggested installing antivirus to prevent any attack, the query is if this is necessary, since I can not find information about the topic addressed.
I am half-ass bilingual and was able to read your question. To answer your question the answer is No, BUT.... Linux is NOT Windows, and it is hard to design a single bit of malware that will target several different kernels, variants, etc.; that said there are still vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited. I run two antivirus programs once every blue moon, not that I am too worried but as a quick check that something leaked through -- more of a precaution than anything else.

One program is an oldie but goody called rkhunter. It is a quick program that is a down-and-dirty check to see if you have been infected by any root kits.

The other program that I run is called Linux Malware Detect (LMD), also called Maldet. It seems to make use of ClamAV that hunter86_bg mentions in his post. If you scan your entire drive like I do it can take a very long time for it to finish, but you will have a very though scan and it will quarantine any suspicious files it finds.