No built in/default compilers available for Centos 7. VM offline. Need help for Local Repo

Issues related to applications and software problems
kishoremg040

No built in/default compilers available for Centos 7. VM offline. Need help for Local Repo

Post by kishoremg040 » 2017/07/20 04:36:54

Hi All,

I am newbie to Linux environment.

I am trying to setup an Linux HPC VM (centos OpenLogic 7.1) Environment to run OpenFoam distributed application using IntelMPI over infiniband.

(Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core);CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:7; Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64; Architecture: x86_64)

Having issues compiling OpenFOAM with built in intel compilers. Even unable to compile Cmake latest version and installing basic pre-requisites.

Need help in downloading the pre-requisites offline (source code) as a local Repository, as i do not have internet connection on my VMs setup

-> yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
-> icc, c++, c,cpp compilers etc (i dont see any built-in compilers on the VM)
->gcc: 4.8.0
->cmake: 2.8.11 (required for ParaView and CGAL build)
->boost: 1.48 (required for CGAL build)
->Qt: 4.7.2 (optional - required for ParaView build)

where can i find these RPMs. How to prepare the repomd.xml file. How to prepare the Local Repository of such softwares.

-bash: gcc: command not found
-bash: icc: command not found

Followed the following blogs and few other blogs, but with no success.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... r-openfoam
https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openf ... ilers.html

Please suggest.
Attachments
mpiversion.png
mpiversion.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
cmake-compile-issue.png
cmake-compile-issue.png (17.96 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
OF-Allwmake-issue.png
OF-Allwmake-issue.png (48.41 KiB) Viewed 2429 times

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: No built in/default compilers available for Centos 7. VM offline. Need help for Local Repo

Post by TrevorH » 2017/07/20 13:06:46

You'll need to download the intel compiler from Intel as its license restrictions mean it is not possible for it to be included in the distro.

If you have no network connection then you should probably disable all yum repos and enable the c7-media one and mount the install iso on one of the directories mentioned in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo. That will allow you to install from the DVD. However...
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64;
That is seriously out of date and needs to be updated. Why did you install 7.1 when 7.3 has been out for over 8 months? Start over and download the latest DVD and install from that.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

kishoremg040

Re: No built in/default compilers available for Centos 7. VM offline. Need help for Local Repo

Post by kishoremg040 » 2017/07/20 14:23:55

TrevorH wrote:You'll need to download the intel compiler from Intel as its license restrictions mean it is not possible for it to be included in the distro.

If you have no network connection then you should probably disable all yum repos and enable the c7-media one and mount the install iso on one of the directories mentioned in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo. That will allow you to install from the DVD. However...
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64;
That is seriously out of date and needs to be updated. Why did you install 7.1 when 7.3 has been out for over 8 months? Start over and download the latest DVD and install from that.
============================================

Thank you TrevorH for the quick response.

I have tried your suggestion Centos 7.3 (Linux 3.10.0-514.21.1.el7.x86_64). But I don't see any difference. It also doesn't seem to have any built in compilers available.

Just an FYI... Intel MPI is already installed on a VM provisioned from a CentOS-based HPC image. Do we need to separately download Intel compilers as well?

Yes i do not have network connection(internet) on my VMs.

Can you please elaborate enabling the c7-media option. And where can i get these .ISO or DVD.
So far, i am downloading the necessary files from internet in another system and copying the files on to VM using winSCP. e.g cmake-3.9.0.tar.gz, OpenFOAM-v1706.tgz ThirdParty-v1706.tgz etc

All i wanted is to build OpenFOAM using Intel compilers to run parallel distributed applications/usecase using Intel MPI over infiniband network on CentOS openlogic image VMs . (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... ma-cluster)

Please suggest. Thanks & Regards.
Attachments
centos73.png
centos73.png (53 KiB) Viewed 2416 times

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2017/07/20 15:29:20

We ship gcc and it's just a yum install away but if you have no internet access then you need to configure your yum repos so that the internet ones are disabled. That's controlled using the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ with "enabled=0" (or 1 to enable). You must have had the iso file in order to create the DVD itself, you need to mount that on one of the directories mentioned in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo or amend the file to point to a directory of your choosing on which you have mounted the DVD (or iso image).
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

pjsr2

Post by pjsr2 » 2017/07/21 08:28:03

The mpivars.sh script only sets up the environment variables for the Intel mpi library. It does not set the path to find icc.

If you indeed want to use the Intel C compiler icc, you need to install that compiler (not part of CentOS). After that, to set up all environment variables for the Intel compilers, follow the instructions at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... s#composer. Without running these scripts, your computer will not be able to find icc.