Virtualbox guest additions for Centos 7 -how?

Issues related to applications and software problems
Alphalpha

Re: Virtualbox guest additions for Centos 7 -how?

Post by Alphalpha » 2015/04/18 03:00:43

gerald_clark wrote:You forgot to factor in the cost of refusing to check out the only officially supported virtualization method.
You assume too much that is false and acknowledge too little that is true. Reconsider the Original Post:
rliegh wrote:Hi, I want to run Centos inside of Virtualbox
Clearly this thread exists to discuss running CentOS as a guest inside a VM (using VirtualBox).

If you want to pick a fight about running CentOS as a host for VMs (using KVM), that is not the focus of this thread. You can start your own thread with that purpose, and see if others will join you.

If you want to pick a fight routinely with the Community for which CentOS is named, that is not the focus of this distribution. You can start your own distribution with that purpose, and see if others will join you.
I don't come here often; generally only when a client needs help with CentOS or when I convince a client to try CentOS (which they're typically only prepared to do within a familiar/cross-platform VM system such as VMWare or VirtualBox).

gerald_clark

Post by gerald_clark » 2015/04/18 05:12:42

So you jump into somebody else's thread, get huffy about a suggestion, start an argument, and then come back 5 months later
to get snarky again?

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2015/04/18 11:42:19

Yes, this thread is clearly going nowhere and has run its course so before someone invokes Godwin's Law....

This thread is locked.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke