Finding Nemo Who is NOT Wanted

Issues related to applications and software problems
desertcat

Finding Nemo Who is NOT Wanted

Post by desertcat » 2017/02/24 10:11:00

Recently Updated my machine and then shut it down and started it up. A window popped open showing me the last set of files on the desktop, checked Help and discovered that the program running was something called "Nemo" -- Never heard of it. I should mention I'm running KDE.
I want to stop it from auto-starting every time I reboot the machine. Went to Services to see it I could simply kill it from starting but there is no service called Nemo. Even checked to see if there was something called "Knemo" but that too is missing. Checked /home/desertcat/.local/share/ under which I find /nemo. If I open /nemo I find two files called /actions and /scripts but both files are empty.

I also found a system wide Nemo entry at /usr/share under which I again found /nemo under which I found two files /actions and /icons and some other files called nemo-extras.placeholder, nemo-suggested.placeholder, and script-info.md

That said I found nothing that that helped.

I even tried systemctl nemo stop nemo and systemctl nemo stop nemo.services which came back and said: "Failed to stop nemo.service: Unit nemo.service not loaded"... but nemo still persists. Without meaning to sound cruel hearted, How do I KILL NEMO!?!?!

stevemowbray

Re: Finding Nemo Who is NOT Wanted

Post by stevemowbray » 2017/02/24 11:30:31

Nemo is the file manager for the Cinnamon desktop.

If you are not using Cinnamon you can just "yum remove nemo".