Cockpit subscriptions on CentOS

Issues related to applications and software problems
cyborge

Cockpit subscriptions on CentOS

Post by cyborge » 2017/04/26 16:45:03

Installing Cockpit on CentOS7 adds the following nag/notice - seen every time you use yum update etc.:

"This system is not registered with Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register"

Removing the cockpit-subscriptions - breaks the web interface fuctionality - You can log in but then you get an error page.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Obviously, this is designed for RHEL but, seems the CentOS package shouldn't have this "Feature".

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Cockpit subscriptions on CentOS

Post by TrevorH » 2017/04/26 17:37:20

Unfortunately cockpit requires subscription-manager and that causes that message to be emitted by yum. However it is only an informational message, not an error and everything works just as it did.

Edit: just ran repoquery -l subscription-manager and see that it supplies the following files so editing those probably has a way to disable it...

Code: Select all

/etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/product-id.conf
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/search-disabled-repos.conf
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/subscription-manager.conf
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

bluegroper

Post by bluegroper » 2017/06/29 00:09:20

TrevorH wrote:Unfortunately cockpit requires subscription-manager and that causes that message to be emitted by yum. However it is only an informational message, not an error and everything works just as it did.

Edit: just ran repoquery -l subscription-manager and see that it supplies the following files so editing those probably has a way to disable it...

/etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/product-id.conf
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/search-disabled-repos.conf
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/subscription-manager.conf
Seems simple to nuke the subscription nag by editing /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/subscription-manager.conf :

[main]
enabled=0

Thanks TrevorH
I'm not a complete idiot. There's still a few pieces missing.

teterkin

Post by teterkin » 2018/06/27 13:54:27

I could solve the problem by setting enabled=0 in [main] section of /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/enabled_repos_upload.conf configuration file:

[main]
enabled=0
supress_debug=False
supress_errors=False
Problem stated in Red Hat solutions "[Satellite 6]Yum displays 'Unable to upload Enabled Repositories Report' message.": https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3162062 (you need a valid account to access it).

It is recommended just to delete katello-host-tools.

But in my case it was not a solution because I need the following packages depending on katello-host-tool:
  • cockpit-ovirt-dashboard
  • katello-agent
  • ovirt-engine-appliance
  • ovirt-host
  • ovirt-hosted-engine-setup