VM can't do any yum operation with Internet.

Issues related to applications and software problems
Yohn

VM can't do any yum operation with Internet.

Post by Yohn » 2017/05/18 10:35:44

Hello,
This is the first time I post something here so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question.

Well, I have been in a new company developing my practices and I have received a server with this purpose. At the beginning everything was fine because I was in a normal network without security restrictions.
Now, I have the server and everything in the company in a new network, in this network I can download and do whatever I need from a real machine, the problem is when I use a Virtual Machine. Everything is based in CentOS 7.

If I try to install epel-release I get a redirection error (307 Temporary Redirection), while doing yum update quite the same. It's a bit frustrating and I'm out of ideas. The VM were all in Bridge mode but once I tried in NAT and they could download from yum repos, now it's impossible even from NAT.

Thank you in advance.

mghe

Re: VM can't do any yum operation with Internet.

Post by mghe » 2017/05/18 11:41:32

Check Your VMWare network, I think you set virtual network to real adapter without access to outside.

Yohn

Re: VM can't do any yum operation with Internet.

Post by Yohn » 2017/05/18 12:37:24

mghe wrote:Check Your VMWare network, I think you set virtual network to real adapter without access to outside.
Hello,
I forgot to say that I can ping outside and even get response of ping from yum mirrors. When I get the error I also get an address, mirrorlist.centos.org I tried to ping it and it also worked.