wkhtmltopdf multiple versions

Issues related to applications and software problems
alcyeonnero

wkhtmltopdf multiple versions

Post by alcyeonnero » 2017/10/16 18:31:00

Hello,
So I might have an interesting question for anyone interested. I have been tasked with installing a second version of wkhtmltopdf for testing purposes on the main/live server. The first version installed is having an issue where we are receiving a QPix error
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
. Our developers tried out the page they were having issues with on the newest version of wkhtmltopdf and found that the page they are calling to works fine.
They would like to run a second version of this with the file path being /utilities, I know I have to make the folder of /utilities, I am more curious as to installing a new version of wkhtmltopdf without it interfering with the current version.

Thanks in advance

alcyeonnero

Re: wkhtmltopdf multiple versions

Post by alcyeonnero » 2017/10/19 13:21:07

Or is it possible to change the install path to a different file with an option without disrupting the current version? I am looking at the man pages for yum and found that --downloadaddir=<directory> will this update the version I have already running or will this create a second version (which is what is needed) to be used?

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: wkhtmltopdf multiple versions

Post by TrevorH » 2017/10/19 14:47:16

Perhaps it would be worth raising a bug on bugzilla.redhat.com in the Fedora EPEL section as wkhtmltopdf comes from there.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke