Can you please include yet another 'shell/tool' as default?

Issues related to applications and software problems
ALIENQuake

Can you please include yet another 'shell/tool' as default?

Post by ALIENQuake » 2018/05/24 18:28:53

Hi,

Can you please include yet another 'shell/tool' as default? I'm talking about Powershell. I need this to do my stuff and having it as default system component would be a life savior.

tunk

Re: Can you please include yet another 'shell/tool' as default?

Post by tunk » 2018/05/24 20:10:57

CentOS is a rebuild of Red Hat. I.e. you would have to convince Red Hat to include it.
I would guess that it won't happen anytime soon.
In the meantime learn how to use e.g. bash, or install it manually:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... wershell-6

desertcat

Post by desertcat » 2018/05/30 03:16:25

ALIENQuake wrote:Hi,

Can you please include yet another 'shell/tool' as default? I'm talking about Powershell. I need this to do my stuff and having it as default system component would be a life savior.
Surely you jest?? bash has been the shell for most of time immortal. You don't like bash?? It is usually an EASY fix such as yum install xyz. OK since you seem to be a noobe here is a link on how to install Powershell on CentOS 7:

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShel ... n/linux.md

bash is fine but I wanted to experiment with another shell environment called zsh which is sort of like bash but on steroids. A year or two ago I had to do it the Ol' Fashion Way, today all you would have to do is run yum install zsh. I also use Midnight Commander (mc) also not installed by default, first thing I do after an installation is to run yum install mc. This takes less than 1 minute to install. bash is the default for a reason, as most people have experience with it, most people do not have experience with "Powershell". If you want Powershell stop being so lazy and go install it!!

hunter86_bg

Post by hunter86_bg » 2018/06/01 04:09:26

Another option is to use kickstart and deploy your windows shell automatically.