Boinc unable to use GPU - nvidia - Selinux issue

Issues related to applications and software problems
lightman47

Boinc unable to use GPU - nvidia - Selinux issue

Post by lightman47 » 2018/08/17 18:22:17

The semanage man page warps my brain; it might as well be a foreign language. That said, the nvidia GPU starts processing when I (as advised in /var/log/messages) do:

Code: Select all

ausearch -c 'nvidia-modprobe' --raw | audit2allow -M my-nvidiamodprobe
semodule -i my-nvidiamodprobe.pp
Question: What semanage command must I issue to make this permanent?

Thank you.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Boinc unable to use GPU - nvidia - Selinux issue

Post by TrevorH » 2018/08/18 09:47:30

There isn't one. When you run semodule -i it installs it on your system and it stays installed until you uninstall it. It is preserved over reboots etc.

You might want to look at the .te file that audit2allow generated to find out what it's doing and if there is anything unecessary in there.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

lightman47

Re: Boinc unable to use GPU - nvidia - Selinux issue

Post by lightman47 » 2018/08/18 10:42:37

Well, that dissolves any understanding I thought I had about modifying selinux. :? Currently her machine is running in permissive until the auto backup/update/reboot tonight. If you're telling me that what I did was persistent then I am happy with that.

I believe this machine is going to be wiped/start over very soon any way. After the 'reinstall \*.\*' yesterday some problems went away while one or two that were fixed by the same procedure a few months ago have returned. I've no idea what's bugging this machine but I'm done with it! Besides, I need to remove a few drives with old/other operating systems on it. It just slows down the /boot loading; we never use Fedora 19, CentOS 6, etc.

but I digress ...

Thanks