Synology Note Station RPM install

Issues related to applications and software problems
dirkme

Synology Note Station RPM install

Post by dirkme » 2018/10/02 20:43:59

Hi dear CentOS friends,

it is not really a CentOS problem, but i have a Synology DS218+ NAS system and use NoteStation and drive.

NoteStation is available as an RPM, installs fine but doesn't run at all. Any idea what is happening? These apps can be downloaded for free ;-)

With Drive, i usual (on Gentoo or Slackware) unpack them and drop the content into the USR and OPT folders and they would work fine. But this time i wait with drive until we have NoteStation up and running ;-))

Thank you to every one willing to help

Dirk

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Synology Note Station RPM install

Post by TrevorH » 2018/10/02 20:56:32

Run whatever it is from the command line and see if it gives you any clues that way.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

dirkme

Re: Synology Note Station RPM install

Post by dirkme » 2018/10/03 01:01:49

Thanks Trevor,

that's what I get, I have disabled the firewall to make sure it doesn't block anything.
[root@pavillion synology-note-station]# ./launch.sh
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 146: blank doesn't take any effect anymore. please remove it from your fonts.conf
[3603:3603:1002/194446.597574:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(380)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
Gkr-Message: couldn't connect to dbus session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
P.S. just dropped the unpacked "Drive" files into opt and usr and Drive is working just fine. Note_Station still doesn't work :-(