Xen installation with no internet

Issues related to applications and software problems
bitslinger

Xen installation with no internet

Post by bitslinger » 2018/10/25 18:22:31

This question has been asked many times before regarding other packages and I have used their responses to the best of my ability. However, I am at a loss for how to properly install Xen onto a computer without internet.
Steps I have take: *in preparation I ran the "yum clean package name" for both packages in hopes that all dependencies would be included.
1. From a computer with internet I have downloaded the required packages using "sudo yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=~/XEN centos-release-xen". Then I did the same command committing the --downloadonly flag because it's my understanding that which supposedly gives me access to the Xen specific mirrors.
2. On the same connected computer I then did "sudo yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=~/XEN xen"
3. Then moved the XEN dir to the offline computer
4. On the offline computer "sudo yum install xen***.rpm" where the stars are the version number.

Yum would always fail claiming a missing dependency but would list them so I used rpm -ivh *.rpm and there we listed missing dependencies. However, my question boils down to: While downloading the Xen is there an option to include all dependencies no matter what? I have to figure out how to install to an offline computer because it's considered "development" and thus cannot be allowed to connect to the campus intranet and thus internet. IT doesn't really care about segregation via routing (topic for another time); bottom line not issued an ip--> no internet. I would also rather not spoof the MAC.

bitslinger

Re: Xen installation with no internet

Post by bitslinger » 2018/11/08 19:26:56

Bumping this.

I also, tried to do the installroot method which works for other packages I tested. However, still issues with dependencies specifically glusterfs, but glusterfs is in the package that is downloaded and repoclosure claims no dependency issues.