Anaconda/Kickstart Issue - Unable to satisfy 'Installation Destination' spoke by default

Issues related to applications and software problems
ndemers

Anaconda/Kickstart Issue - Unable to satisfy 'Installation Destination' spoke by default

Post by ndemers » 2018/10/31 15:26:49

I've recently been attempting to automate installation of a slightly modified version of CentOS 7 via a custom kickstart file. What I'm trying to achieve is a "semi-automated" install...where all parameters for installation are set, but you still have to manually initiate the installation (IE, it's not fully automated but has all the information that would be necessary for that).

I've run into issues satisfying the 'Installation Destination' Spoke automatically, though...no matter what options I try in the kickstart, it always has a "!" indicating a problem/missing information. When I manually enter the menus for selecting the disk, partitioning scheme, etc, all options are already set to what I've specified in my kickstart file, and after going through them all the spoke seems happy, with an "X" next to it. I'm puzzled by why merely stepping through, without making any new selections or edits, is enough to switch it from "!" to "X". I've looked in anaconda.log, storage.log, and program.log for an error that could cause this, but I don't see any errors.

Here's my kickstart file as it looks now:

Code: Select all

#version=DEVEL
# System authorization information
auth --enableshadow --passalgo=sha512
# OSTree setup
ostreesetup --osname="velocity" --remote="velocity" --url="file:///ostree/repo" --ref="velocity-base/dev" --nogpg
# Use text mode install
text
# Firewall configuration
firewall --use-system-defaults
# Run the Setup Agent on first boot
firstboot --enable
# Keyboard layouts
keyboard --vckeymap=us --xlayouts=''
# System language
lang en_US.UTF-8
# policy is conflicting with the console service; disable for now.
selinux --disabled

# Network information
network  --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --ipv6=auto --no-activate
network  --hostname=localhost.localdomain

# Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $6$N1mrtG/dFHGSCCIj$U8mLz8rp.gsGPT1EjM01eE0SygFylKj5uuzmZoWjUFEM..yS5/mIiJBMNfRuiCvCIJQ1yAQs3.dUL81UMVnME1
# System services
services --enabled="chronyd"
# Do not configure the X Window System
skipx
# System timezone
timezone US/Pacific --isUtc
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --append=" crashkernel=auto intel_iommu=on iommu=pt" --location=mbr --boot-drive=nvme0n1
autopart --type=lvm --nohome
# Partition clearing information
zerombr
ignoredisk --only-use=nvme0n1
clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=nvme0n1

%packages
chrony
kexec-tools

%end

%addon com_redhat_kdump --enable --reserve-mb='auto'

%end

%anaconda
pwpolicy root --minlen=6 --minquality=1 --notstrict --nochanges --notempty
pwpolicy user --minlen=6 --minquality=1 --notstrict --nochanges --emptyok
pwpolicy luks --minlen=6 --minquality=1 --notstrict --nochanges --notempty
%end

%post --nochroot

echo "replacing grubx64.efi"
ostr_pre="/mnt/sysimage/ostree/deploy/velocity/deploy"
ostr_id=$(ls -1 $ostr_pre |head -n 1)
echo "ostree ID is $ostr_id"
ostr_root=$ostr_pre/$ostr_id
efi_v=$ostr_root/boot/efi/EFI/centos
rm $efi_v/grubx64.efi
cp /usr/share/velocity-config/grubx64.efi $efi_v

echo "copying PRODUCT file"
cp /etc/PRODUCT $ostr_root/etc

echo "copying docker registry data"
reg_dir=$ostr_root/var/velocity/registry-data
mkdir -p $reg_dir
cp /registry-data/* $reg_dir

echo "copying firmware files"
fw_dir=$ostr_root/var/firmware
mkdir -p $fw_dir
cp /firmware-files/* $fw_dir

%end
Anyone have a clue what's missing? I've tried specifying the drive via its full "/dev/by-path/" name instead of 'nvme0n1' and using manual partitioning instead of automatic partitioning, just as guesses, but that didn't help.

For reference, I've uploaded some screenshots of what the screen looks like when I enter the installer, at each step as I go through the 'Installation Destination' spoke (without making changes), and the installer main menu afterwards. I've also uploaded the anaconda, storage, and program logs. The version of Anaconda is 21.48.22.134-1.el7.centos. Let me know if any other information would be helpful, and thanks for the help!