Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.

Issues related to applications and software problems
sudheerp494

Re: Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.

Post by sudheerp494 » 2019/04/08 20:06:51

I have found below output. Please let me know.

#cat /etc/krb5.conf | grep include
includedir /var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/

pjsr2

Re: Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.

Post by pjsr2 » 2019/04/08 20:28:17

Does the directory /var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/ exist?

According to https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Settin ... g_Kerberos you should not have an "include" in the /etc/krb5.conf file. Not sure if that also means that you should not have "includedir" ....

You don't have "sss" in /etc/nsswitch.conf, so I guess you have not enabled sssd. In that case: just try to remove that includedir line from the file.

sudheerp494

Post by sudheerp494 » 2019/04/08 20:41:42

/var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/ is not existed.

Do you meant to say that i need to delete "includedir /var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/" line from /etc/krb5.conf.

Am i right.

hunter86_bg

Post by hunter86_bg » 2019/04/09 03:53:18

Just put a '#' without the quotes in the beginning of the line. This will comment it out.

Roosterneeb

Post by Roosterneeb » 2019/08/16 13:48:58

Sorry for the necro, but I had the same problem for a while, and then realized I had mounted a usb flash drive.

I watched my boot process on a gnome-based install, and watched it halt when it tried to mount my usb flashdrive that was no longer present.

Of course, I removed the UUID of the flashdrive from /etc/fstab and voila, CentOS boots again normally.

tldr; Check etc/fstab for drives that aren't currently plugged in. This will halt the boot process, and make it seem like it's a policy-kit problem, because mounting occurs before systemd ever starts its services, atleast to my understanding.

simstm

Post by simstm » 2019/09/28 21:36:56

Roosterneeb wrote:
2019/08/16 13:48:58
Sorry for the necro, but I had the same problem for a while, and then realized I had mounted a usb flash drive.

I watched my boot process on a gnome-based install, and watched it halt when it tried to mount my usb flashdrive that was no longer present.

Of course, I removed the UUID of the flashdrive from /etc/fstab and voila, CentOS boots again normally.

tldr; Check etc/fstab for drives that aren't currently plugged in. This will halt the boot process, and make it seem like it's a policy-kit problem, because mounting occurs before systemd ever starts its services, atleast to my understanding.
Perfect, I had the same issue and this solved.

I got that info looking at 'journalctl -xb' but don't understand the message at first. Then when I read this post I remembered that I accidentally installed CentOS with the default settings and not noticed, creating different partitions for root and home. I fixed manually after the install but forgot to remove from /etc/fstab.

Removing the home mapper from /etc/fstab fixed the issue.

Return to “CentOS 7 - Software Support”