I can't get the nvidia drivers to work

Issues related to hardware problems
giulix63

Re: I can't get the nvidia drivers to work

Post by giulix63 » 2015/04/23 09:35:03

How do you plan to upgrade CentOS to kernel 3.19? You would have to switch to Fedora for that. Whilst I can tell you for sure that bumblebee on Fedora works (I've been using it for a few months now), it has to work on CentOS 7 too. When you say the system crashes, it isn't really crashing, right? It really just shows a black screen. When you get to that point, press Ctrl-Alt-F2, login as root and grab the most recent file in /var/log that's called Xorg.*.log where * is a number. Then copy the contents of that file to CentOS pastebin and post a link here, please. You can do the same with the other logs Hellboy mentioned in his last post.
Root is evil: Do not use root (sudo) to run any of the commands specified in my posts unless explicitly indicated. Please, provide the necessary amount of context to understand your problem/question.

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Post by AlanBartlett » 2015/04/23 14:14:01

lynna751 wrote:I've read there's some sort of bug with 3.10-3.16 related to this
Please provide a link to the source of the above claim.
Image 100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » 2015/04/25 08:23:13

Which bug in the kernel?

I also have contact with the Fedora maintainer for bumblebee and bbswitch. The problem is that the selinux policy for bumblebee_t domain is not complete.
In Centos 7.1 i had to create a seperate package to extend the policy for bumblebee_t domain.

Did you check on the console if bumblebee is running and bbswitch is loaded, like so:

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl status bumblebeed

lsmod | grep bbswitch
Als check your /var/log/Xorg*.log

giulix63

Post by giulix63 » 2015/04/25 14:10:57

Hellboy wrote: I also have contact with the Fedora maintainer for bumblebee and bbswitch. The problem is that the selinux policy for bumblebee_t domain is not complete.
In Centos 7.1 i had to create a seperate package to extend the policy for bumblebee_t domain.
If you are referring to the problem with the type transition, Gary's recently fixed it in Fedora. Anyway, I have just finished testing ElRepo's procedure with CentOS 7.1 and it works fine. I got a message that xorg-x11-glamor was incompatible with the installation, so I uninstalled it taking xorg-x11-drivers and xorg-x11-drv-ati away with it. Then I removed bumblebee and reinstalled xorg-x11-drivers and again it worked flawlessly.
Root is evil: Do not use root (sudo) to run any of the commands specified in my posts unless explicitly indicated. Please, provide the necessary amount of context to understand your problem/question.