Keyboard and Mouse won't work in GUI after installing ElRepo Nvidia drivers

Issues related to hardware problems
cantonbean

Keyboard and Mouse won't work in GUI after installing ElRepo Nvidia drivers

Post by cantonbean » 2016/12/15 21:42:00

I have installed the Nvidia drivers from ElRepo. After doing this I can use my keyboard and mouse all the way until the GUI launches and them the mouse cursor doesn't appear and my keyboard doesn't respond. This is the second time this has happened. It works in grub, I have check all BIOS settings and it even works right up until he GUI appears. I'm relatively new to Linux but more so CentOS. I have reasons for wanting to use both CentOS and these drivers but this is getting really frustrating! Any advise how I can resolve this please?

KelvinSmith

Re: Keyboard and Mouse won't work in GUI after installing ElRepo Nvidia drivers

Post by KelvinSmith » 2016/12/16 10:15:10

Try to update the drivers and when installer uninstalled the old ones and reboot.

stevemowbray

Post by stevemowbray » 2016/12/16 10:21:50

Have a look at the X log in /var/log/Xorg.0.log to find out what's going on.

desertcat

Post by desertcat » 2017/02/06 04:49:05

This sounds familiar... no mouse... For whatever reason I do not understand go into your BIOS and see IF you have your mouse. If you DON'T have a mouse in BIOS reboot until the mouse shows up, then boot and your system will come up in with both mouse and keyboard.

My problem *may* be to the use of a KVM switch that that controls 4 machines yet allows me to use a single keyboard and mouse; the other potential cause is the mouse is a USB mouse that has a PS/2 adaptor on it that plugs into the KVM switch. I have learned that if I don't have a mouse on startup, to shut the machine down and boot into BIOS, and see if I have a mouse, chances are I will not, I then simply restart the machine into BIOS 1-2 times and then the Mouse comes back. Strange but true.