Cups network printer HP 1018 not working

Issues related to hardware problems
che2lf

Cups network printer HP 1018 not working

Post by che2lf » 2017/04/25 10:39:21

Hello,
recently I installed new system, it was centos 7 minimal. It works good as I expected, but I have a problem installing printer. It is HP LaserJet 1018. When try to install it via hp-setup software it can not find that printer at all. hp-plugin say that it is installed, and btw reinstalled number of times. The printer is attached to another computer in ethernet.
I can Install that printer in cups. There are 4 kind of different drivers, hpcups, two of foo2zjs-z1, and hpijs. Any way neither of them works. Errors are different. When started debugging with "system-config-printer" command and then choose a printer and go to help->Troubleshooter i got: "Can't detect file type" and "cups-remote-stopped" with foo driver, and "filter failed" and "hplip.plugin" errors with hpcups driver.
Every time I also did call "systemctl restart cups.service", and "firewall-cmd" some ports but still nothing. Well not exactly nothing because cups web interface can see if printer is turned on or off, but nothing of printing. I must mention that from some other workstations clients print regularty.
Feel free to ask for logs whatever, just to make it work.