add raid card driver on installer image

Issues related to hardware problems
wcy11472

add raid card driver on installer image

Post by wcy11472 » 2018/12/05 01:49:13

now I have some servers with LSI3408 raid card ,I need use centos7.3 but there are no driver in image ,so when Install OS cant found disk.
I try to add the driver on image but still not work, on install GUI still not found disk .below is my step

1. find the initrd.img file and decompression with command : xz -dc initrd.img| cpio -id
2. replace the raid card driver in initrd.img : cp megaraid_sas.ko lib/modules/3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid
3. modify the module.alias file : modinfo -F alias megaraid_sas.ko | sed -e 's/^/alias /' -e 's/$/ megaraid_sas/' >>modules.alias
4.compress initrd.img : find . | cpio -c -o | xz -9 --format=lzma > initrd.img
5.replace initrd.img on iso file. isolinux and pxeboot folder
6.make iso image : mkisofs -o ../centos75neihe_yyy.iso -input-charset utf-8 -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -V 'CentOS 7 x86_64' -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T -joliet-long -eltorito-alt-boot -e images/efiboot.img -no-emul-boot ./

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: add raid card driver on installer image

Post by TrevorH » 2018/12/05 10:45:45

Please please please do NOT use 7.3. It's 3 years old and has 3 years of outstanding security vulnerabilities present in it. Some of those are extremely serious. If this is some software vendor telling you that you need it, ask them if they are the people that will pay your bills for when you get hacked.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke