No Network Minimal Install (Solved)

Issues related to configuring your network
ov10fac

No Network Minimal Install (Solved)

Post by ov10fac » 2015/01/13 04:54:03

Just install COS7 minimal install. Set static ip address, gateway and DNS. After the install I have no network. ip addr shows the ethernet card. the ethcfg file is just like the examples I have seen. I have run nmcli to recheck config.

I can ping "localhost" but no ethernet address including the address of localhost. I have read all the tutorials about starting the network, but nothing seems to work. I have no network at all. I have disabled the firewall.

I know the cards are fine, because everything was ok when I ran it live from the cd. When I installed from the live CD everything fine.

Strange, can't figure out what the problem is, almost as if the entire networking is stoped and will not restart. I did a service network restart and got an OK, so I am at a loss.
Last edited by ov10fac on 2015/01/13 17:00:21, edited 1 time in total.

lightman47

Re: No Network Minimal Install

Post by lightman47 » 2015/01/13 13:51:44

Don't recall if CentOS 7 has cards turned off by default, but you can check (as root)
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-{cardname}

Make sure ONBOOT=Yes

Caution - if you edit the file, the labels themselves must be UPPERCASE.

Then you can use the ifup command, or reboot to see if it starts.

ov10fac

Re: No Network Minimal Install

Post by ov10fac » 2015/01/13 16:59:54

lightman47 wrote:Don't recall if CentOS 7 has cards turned off by default, but you can check (as root)
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-{cardname}

Make sure ONBOOT=Yes

Caution - if you edit the file, the labels themselves must be UPPERCASE.

Then you can use the ifup command, or reboot to see if it starts.
Thank you, yes I didi all that and nothing worked. This morning I did another install and now everything is running fine? Must have had a module load badly last time.

Thanks again.