Cant connect to the internet

Issues related to configuring your network
datrix

Cant connect to the internet

Post by datrix » 2018/03/19 04:46:22

Hello everybody,
I am new to linux and have been using it for a couple of months . I wanted to host a web page and centos 7 with cpanel installed on it looked like the best option. But when i started installing cpanel ,it asked to disable NetworkManager and enable network.service. Everything went smoothly but then i couldn't connect to the internet to setup my WHM.

Things to know :
1) Im running centos 7 on virtualbox
2) Im using a wireless connection .

I searched for some solutions and one of them asked said to use "ifup enp0s3" ; The internet started working but i could not make this permanent , whenever i restart the machine, i have to rewrite the command to use the internet. Even after enabling the internet i cant access my WHM . I go to the pre-installed firefox and write https://ip:2087 , yet it never connects and connection keeps timing out.

Things i noticed : When i boot centos 7 on virtualbox , i see [FAILED ] cpanel greylisting daemon.

Things i think that might be a problem:
1)I setup the network as NAT in the centos setting in the virtual machine.
2)I happen to think that cpanel isnt running
3)i think the ip address provided by cpanel after installing is different since im using a wireless connection.

I am just doing this as a local project, i just the web-page to open locally.

Things i want to know:
1)How to connect to internet instantly after booting
2)How can i access the whm website to setup it.

I would highly appreciate the help. I know i am a mess but i'm just learning . :P

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Cant connect to the internet

Post by TrevorH » 2018/03/19 09:31:16

Sorry but we don't support systems with cpanel installed. They modify so much about the system that it's no longer CentOS but cpanel and you need to ask them for support.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke