Using IPTables to route through SSH tunnel

Issues related to configuring your network
jjrowan

Using IPTables to route through SSH tunnel

Post by jjrowan » 2019/01/02 23:01:11

I have Hughesnet satellite Internet so can't connect from outside to devices in my house.
I have access to a linux server that uses DSL for Internet so I can access that via a NATted port forward.
The linux box in my house (on Hughesnet) sets up a tunnel into the linux box behind DSL where I can then ssh into the DSL based server then ride the tunnel from there into my house. This all works great.
I'm trying to figure a way to be able to have the DSL linux box accept a connection on port 82 and redirect that via the tunnel into my house and have the linux box in my house redirect that to a legacy web cam that needs NAT to send audio/video to my web browser anywhere on the Internet.
I've set up a tunnel between satellite linux and dsl linux for the web cam so when I VNC into the dsl linux box I can open firefox pointing it to http://localhost:8282 which rides the tunnel through the satellite linux and gets to the camera. The problem is opening a browser on my laptop anywhere on the Internet pointing it to the DSL linux doesn't route it via the tunnel to the satellite linux then to the camera.

Did I confuse everyone?

jjrowan

Re: Using IPTables to route through SSH tunnel

Post by jjrowan » 2019/01/06 14:54:05

I've also tried firewall-cmd redirects from DSL based machine to satellite based tunneled linux to camera, can't get that working either. Just not possible?