how record audio stream ?

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
Post Reply
MakeTopSite
Posts: 26
Joined: 2019/10/11 09:13:47

how record audio stream ?

Post by MakeTopSite » 2019/10/23 09:10:29

Recording in VLC is not working, mpv or mplayer can't be installed, parec need unmuted audio device which is bad for me.

Anyone know please how record audio stream in a way as using mpv or mplayer ?

User avatar
TrevorH
Forum Moderator
Posts: 27127
Joined: 2009/09/24 10:40:56
Location: Brighton, UK

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by TrevorH » 2019/10/23 14:47:20

Check the rpmfusion repo and see if it has built packages for CentOS 8 yet.
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
CentOS 5 has been EOL for nearly 3 years and should no longer be used for anything!
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

MakeTopSite
Posts: 26
Joined: 2019/10/11 09:13:47

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by MakeTopSite » 2019/10/24 10:53:58

TrevorH wrote:
2019/10/23 14:47:20
Check the rpmfusion repo and see if it has built packages for CentOS 8 yet.
I'm sorry, not yet.

User avatar
TrevorH
Forum Moderator
Posts: 27127
Joined: 2009/09/24 10:40:56
Location: Brighton, UK

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by TrevorH » 2019/10/24 15:00:24

Try flatpak then
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
CentOS 5 has been EOL for nearly 3 years and should no longer be used for anything!
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

George99
Posts: 58
Joined: 2013/09/08 17:01:05
Location: Germany

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by George99 » 2019/10/24 16:00:10

MakeTopSite wrote:
2019/10/24 10:53:58
TrevorH wrote:
2019/10/23 14:47:20
Check the rpmfusion repo and see if it has built packages for CentOS 8 yet.
I'm sorry, not yet.
mpv is already available in RPMfusion for CentOS 8. I installed it two weeks ago or so. VLC too.

https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el ... w/mpv.html

MakeTopSite
Posts: 26
Joined: 2019/10/11 09:13:47

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by MakeTopSite » 2019/10/29 16:50:38

George99 wrote:
2019/10/24 16:00:10
MakeTopSite wrote:
2019/10/24 10:53:58
TrevorH wrote:
2019/10/23 14:47:20
Check the rpmfusion repo and see if it has built packages for CentOS 8 yet.
I'm sorry, not yet.
mpv is already available in RPMfusion for CentOS 8. I installed it two weeks ago or so. VLC too.

https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el ... w/mpv.html
Excuse me I was looking at wrong page.

But I still can't install it:

Code: Select all

# yum --nobest install mpv-0.30.0-1.el8.x86_64.rpm 
Last metadata expiration check: 0:32:02 ago on Tue Oct 29 17:11:55 2019.
Error: 
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit) needed by mpv-0.30.0-1.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

Code: Select all

# yum --nobest install mplayer mpv vlc
Last metadata expiration check: 0:30:40 ago on Tue Oct 29 17:11:55 2019.
Error: 
 Problem 1: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libenca.so.0()(64bit) needed by mplayer-1.4-3.el8.x86_64
 Problem 2: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit) needed by mpv-0.30.0-1.el8.x86_64
 Problem 3: package vlc-1:3.0.9-22.el8.x86_64 requires libvlccore.so.9()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
  - package vlc-1:3.0.9-22.el8.x86_64 requires vlc-core(x86-64) = 1:3.0.9-22.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libdav1d.so.3()(64bit) needed by vlc-core-1:3.0.9-22.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

User avatar
TrevorH
Forum Moderator
Posts: 27127
Joined: 2009/09/24 10:40:56
Location: Brighton, UK

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by TrevorH » 2019/10/29 18:33:42

Code: Select all

[root@centos8 ~]# dnf --enablerepo=epel-testing,epel-playground provides 'libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit)'
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64                                            516 kB/s | 3.5 MB     00:06    
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Testing - x86_64                                               451 kB/s | 788 kB     00:01    
SDL2-2.0.8-7.el8.x86_64 : Cross-platform multimedia library
Repo        : PowerTools
Matched from:
Provide    : libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
Enable PowerTools.
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
CentOS 5 has been EOL for nearly 3 years and should no longer be used for anything!
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

MakeTopSite
Posts: 26
Joined: 2019/10/11 09:13:47

Re: how record audio stream ?

Post by MakeTopSite » 2019/10/30 12:13:07

TrevorH wrote:
2019/10/29 18:33:42

Code: Select all

[root@centos8 ~]# dnf --enablerepo=epel-testing,epel-playground provides 'libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit)'
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64                                            516 kB/s | 3.5 MB     00:06    
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Testing - x86_64                                               451 kB/s | 788 kB     00:01    
SDL2-2.0.8-7.el8.x86_64 : Cross-platform multimedia library
Repo        : PowerTools
Matched from:
Provide    : libSDL2-2.0.so.0()(64bit)
Enable PowerTools.
Thank you, it has solved the problem.

Post Reply

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”