How I do to enable writing from anonymous access in VSFTPD?

Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
Eduardo Medina

How I do to enable writing from anonymous access in VSFTPD?

Post by Eduardo Medina » 2014/08/09 11:31:19

Hi, I'm trying to build a FTP server with VSFTPD.

I know how to configure some features of VSFTPD, but I don't get to write through the anonymous access.

I know how to enable the writing with a logged user, but I want to do that through the anonymous access for a videotutorial.

I tried the permissions, the owners, SeLinux with setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on, disabled the firewall with setsebool -P allow_ftp_anon_write, enabled anon_mkdir_write_enable and anon_upload_enable in vsftpd.conf file, everything without succeed.

I'm going to try again the steps to see if I'm doing something bad, but if someone can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Post in Google+

lightman47

Re: How I do to enable writing from anonymous access in VSFT

Post by lightman47 » 2014/08/15 14:09:31

Don't know how old this is, but:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation ... -conf.html

Also - I saw in here that allowing anonymous users allows them to create a writeable directory under the login directory. If however you're looking to allow them access to other users folders or even system folders, then "others" need rwx permissions for those folders (i.e. chmod 777)- something I would NEVER do!!! A "shared" folder perhaps may work, but you'd wanna be awfully careful that anon can't traverse directories to places you don't want them.

FWIW (perhaps nothing)