[SOLVED] buildbot and other Python packages

Issues related to applications and software problems
Quinapalus

Post by Quinapalus » 2012/03/08 21:02:38

I have a CentOS 6.2 host on which I would like to install a buildbot master, and I would like to have as many of the dependent packages as possible managed by yum. I would be deliriously happy with this:

# yum install python-buildbot

I already have this:

# yum install python-twisted-mail python-twisted-words

but as for the other dependencies, most of the instructions out there, including the official buildbot ones, are "easy_install this that thirdthing". I am coming to understand that pip is a decent package manager for python, so I would be satisfied with this:

# yum install python-pip

and let pip take care of the other packages, but despite the CentOS wiki's "Here are some other repositories" page, I haven't found what would seem to be the simple thing: a repo with a python-pip package in it.

Thanks for any advice, including that I'm going at this wrong or looking in the wrong place.

Quinapalus

Re: buildbot and other Python packages

Post by Quinapalus » 2012/03/08 23:05:36

The simple answer turned out to be that python-pip (and a bunch of other handy stuff) is in EPEL:

# rpm -i http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm

Of course, it installs pip as "pip-python" *sigh* and pip then does a bunch of other surprising stuff, but that has no bearing on my question.

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Post by pschaff » 2012/03/10 17:29:46

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

Thanks for reporting back. Marking this thread [SOLVED] for posterity.