Alan, thank you SO much for the CentOS 6 information.

Comments, suggestions, compliments, etc
raymor

Alan, thank you SO much for the CentOS 6 information.

Post by raymor » 2011/04/30 04:02:11

Thanks so much for the update giving everyone some very rough idea of when 6.0 might be headed to QA at least.
I'm referring to https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53
That's so helpful.

A few months ago it appeared, from what I could see, that 6.0 might be released any day, so I was delaying
server installations for a day or two, putting things off in case 6.0 dropped the next day. People "in the know"
surely knew at that time that 6.0 was "months" away, though they didn't know how many months, but average
Joe users had no idea. I was just now trying to decide whether to take care of a needed task now or whether
I should delay my vacation in case 6.0 came out tomorrow. Seeing the post from Alan, I see that most likely,
it probably won't go to QA until roughly May 10th or so. QA will have it for a while, then it'll take a day or two to
seed the mirrors, so now I know I can plan on using 5.6 and SL6 until at least mid to late May. That's so great
to know that. It's so much better than waiting and checking every day, putting everything off until the final hour,
because we have no idea. I understand that any predictions are guesstimates and unforeseen events WILL
occur. Every project will have scheduling delays, so no one knows just when release day will be. I greatly
appreciate a post, though, which at least tells me it's not going to release tomorrow, or any time next week.
Thanks.

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: Alan, thank you SO much for the CentOS 6 information.

Post by AlanBartlett » 2011/04/30 21:34:11

Thank you for your comments.

It has been acknowledged that the communication issue is in need of improvement and I, just a user of the [i]CentOS Project[/i], am attempting to help in that area. Hopefully, with each announcement that I make, it is clear what has come from the core team and what is just my assessment & interpretation of the current situation -- thus without any hard and fast commitments.

marimarlouisa

Post by marimarlouisa » 2011/05/13 00:51:42

I also want to thank the centos site for providing the best information they could every provide. They have a page on which all guidelines are being discussed to that users may know what to do.

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Post by pschaff » 2011/05/13 01:00:18

Welcome to the CentOS fora [b]marimarlouisa[/b], and on behalf of forum users and moderators you are welcome. It seems you have already discovered the recommend reading, so congratulations on having done your homework. :-)