Does enterprise virtualization can be done through centos

General support questions
Rk_Raj

Post by Rk_Raj » 2011/12/28 06:14:21

Dear friends,

I can't search the answer for my question that's why I am asking here,

As you people may know that as of Red hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 beta, the rhevm can be installed through yum from RHEL6.2 does the rhevm can be installed from centos 6.2 ?

Does the same environment of rhev can be done from centos 6 and above?

vonskippy

Re: Does enterprise virtualization can be done through centos

Post by vonskippy » 2011/12/28 06:18:46

For "enterprise" class virtualization, you need a Bare Metal Hypervisor, not an app that runs on top of a full blown Host OS.

//discuss amongst yourselves//

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Post by pschaff » 2011/12/28 16:44:13

[quote]
Rk_Raj wrote:
Dear friends,

I can't search the answer for my question that's why I am asking here,

As you people may know that as of Red hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 beta, the rhevm can be installed through yum from RHEL6.2 does the rhevm can be installed from centos 6.2 ?

Does the same environment of rhev can be done from centos 6 and above?[/quote]

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

Short answer is No. The SRPMs for rhevm are not part of the core [url=http://rawhide.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/]RHEL6[/url] product and rhevm is not part of CentOS. The supported virtualization method is KVM. There are [url=http://rawhide.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/]RHEV SRPMS[/url] available.

Rk_Raj

Re: Does enterprise virtualization can be done through centos

Post by Rk_Raj » 2012/01/06 06:16:28

Thanks guys,

I have a subscribed version of rhel6.2 so that I can use it as hypervisor. But I did not have subscription for RHEV. I know that from RHEV3.0 beta the RHEVM can be installed through yum in RHEL.

Anyway thanks a lot for giving me the link to download the SRPMS. Can I use those SRPMS under CentOS6.2 for setting up Enterprise Virtualization.