CentOS 6 release??

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.

CentOS 6 release??

Postby helikaon » 2010/12/02 11:26:07

Hi guys,

Anyone found anything about the release date of new CentOS? Tried to dig out centos.org, but no mention whatsoever ... RHEL 6 is out like 3 weeks? or something ...
helikaon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008/12/10 14:30:04

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby merkava » 2010/12/02 16:14:30

Any information about release date of CentOS will be discussed here:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53
merkava
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 2010/04/20 19:54:31
Location: Tabriz - Iran

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby helikaon » 2010/12/03 13:20:13

Well, looks like its gonna take some time, like months looks like
OK.
I'll make a 'shooting' guess:
february/march 2011

anyone wanna wager ? :-)
helikaon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008/12/10 14:30:04

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby AlanBartlett » 2010/12/03 20:55:28

Moved to Social as this is not a CentOS 5 miscellaneous question. :roll:

Please consider subscribing to the centos-devel mailing list, from where you will see the development discussions as they evolve, in real time.
User avatar
AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 9119
Joined: 2007/10/22 11:30:09
Location: ~/Earth/UK/England/Suffolk

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby bluegroper » 2010/12/05 21:24:53

Thanks Alan for link to dev mailing list.

helikaon wrote:
Well, looks like its gonna take some time, like months looks like
OK.
I'll make a 'shooting' guess:
february/march 2011

anyone wanna wager ? :-)


My wild guess is January/February 2011.
If its February, we both win ! :lol:
User avatar
bluegroper
 
Posts: 145
Joined: 2005/09/07 23:04:21
Location: .au

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby scottro » 2010/12/05 22:36:28

I see Scientific Linux has released an alpha

http://all-things-linux.blogspot.com/20 ... alpha.html
scottro
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: 2007/09/03 21:18:09
Location: NYC

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby abednegoyulo » 2010/12/06 09:25:21

bluegroper wrote:
Thanks Alan for link to dev mailing list.

helikaon wrote:
Well, looks like its gonna take some time, like months looks like
OK.
I'll make a 'shooting' guess:
february/march 2011

anyone wanna wager ? :-)


My wild guess is January/February 2011.
If its February, we both win ! :lol:


In that case, my wild guess is 2011. If it is released on Feb, the three of us wins!!! :-D
abednegoyulo
 
Posts: 550
Joined: 2007/12/26 06:24:38
Location: 127.0.0.2 44013

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby sblantipodi » 2010/12/07 17:23:08

I can't think on what a pain will be to update all my servers.
I really don't want to reconfigure all the services needed :-(
sblantipodi
 
Posts: 249
Joined: 2009/07/10 09:43:13

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby boink » 2010/12/25 08:30:55

Until CENTOS 6 will be out probably Redhat will push 6.1 through the door, if it will be released in february or march... and then more waiting...
boink
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 2010/01/15 16:44:59

Re: CentOS 6 release??

Postby majun » 2010/12/25 12:42:32

sblantipodi wrote:
I can't think on what a pain will be to update all my servers.
I really don't want to reconfigure all the services needed :-(

Then don't. Who says you MUST always have the latest and greatest? I say it's highly questionable - just stay with what you have right now and don't update. I know we certainly won't, given that we've just made the switch from SuSE to CentOS and are very satisfied with it as it is.
majun
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 2010/03/11 11:33:59

Next

Return to CentOS Social

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests