I have a question.
My scenarios are the following:
- Runnig a CentOS-5.8 x86
- Bind caching-nameserver 9.3 with 3 domains is running without issues
- Webserver apache with 3 web pages, status is running without issues
- Database mysql, status is running without issues.
- IP 192.168.100.6
In this machine all processes are running as they should be.In other words this machine is working excellent !.
- Running CentOS-5.8 x86_64
- Bind caching-nameserver 9.3 with 1 domain
- Webserver apache with 1 domain
- Datamase mysql
- IP 192.168.100.7
However, in this machine the domain is not responding. I executed the command nslookup domain.xxx and the line command responded that the domain do not exist and showed me the local ip to machine 1
192.168.100.6#53.in machine 2, all queries are answered the DNS server located in machine 1.
I edited the files "host" 192.168.100.7 server1.domain.co.cr server1 and the "resolve.conf" nameserver 192.168.100.7, nameserver 192.168.100.6. and the DNS server in machine 2 and the machine 1 share the same IP public.
This machine do not resolve the domain.
If I not indicate in the file "resolve.conf" the nameserver 192.168.100.6 this machine 2 doesn't have access to internet only have access to local network.
In my router I setted up the DMZ zone for this machine (machine 2) and the issue persists.
Please your help and support to know what I need to do.