qpidd core dumps when booting

General support questions

Postby sevol » 2012/08/14 23:41:31

Hi,

I re-installed CentOS 6.2 after a unrecoverable crash & things appeared fine until I updated. On reboot qpidd core dumps & hangs. This seems to be a bug:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5555

The workaround is to remove qpid-cpp-client & related packages. How do I do that when the system wont boot? Sorry if this is trivial.

Or is there something else I could try? After spending several days tweaking this server (& before that, several re-installs over the course of a month) I'd prefer not starting over again :)

Thanks for any suggestions,

-s
sevol

Postby AlanBartlett » 2012/08/15 00:25:07

Perhaps you could boot the installation medium into rescue mode, allow your disk(s) to be mounted, invoke the chroot command and then remove the qpid-cpp-client & related packages?

Please note that the above is an "off the top of my head" response and it may not work. But, there again. it might!
AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Re: qpidd core dumps when booting

Postby sevol » 2012/08/15 16:42:57

Hi Alan,

I think chroot is a little beyond me at the moment. After reading about it & trying a lot of things I obviously don't understand how to make use of the command. I think I got a bunch of "file or directory not found", "command not found" etc errors.

Anyway, I'm going to try a more straightforward, fresh install.

thanks,

-s
sevol

Return to CentOS 6 - General Support