share files between XFS and NTFS?

General support questions including new installations

Postby zzcent » 2012/01/08 02:03:14

Is that possible share files between XFS and NTFS? If yes, how to share files with Windows VISTA through the "Network Servers" of the GNOME on the VMWare which is installed on my Windows VISTA. I can see my Windows group at the "Network Servers". But when I click on it, an error message is popped up says "Error Displaying Folder. The folder contents could not be displayed". Please help! Thanks!
JK
zzcent

Postby pschaff » 2012/01/08 15:24:27

Your post is very unclear as to what you want to do.

To access Windows shares from CentOS (the virtual machine is not really relevant) you can mount with CIFS but proper authentication against the windows server is required.

To share files from CentOS with Windows one would usually use Samba, but the version shipped with CentOS 4 is rather old, and given that CentOS-4 reaches EOL in a matter of weeks, you might best put your efforts toward migrating to a newer version.
pschaff
Retired Moderator

Re: share files between XFS and NTFS?

Postby zzcent » 2012/01/08 15:50:50

Thank you Phil! Sorry I couldn't make myself clear. Definitely I am going to use the new version system for my regular use. The reason I am using CentOS4.x is for doing some test. Thanks and have a nice day!
Regards,
JK
zzcent

Return to CentOS 4 - General Support